Main Menu

Ducati Diavel

Started by SergioBL, October 29, 2013, 03:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SergioBL

My first motorcycle render!! Hope you like it!!  :D Clay included  ;)

All your comments are welcome!!

Sergio

Adam_M

Level of detail on the model is great, but the image does look a bit grainy. You could probably eliminate that by upping the samples.

Great model!

Skint

Looks great,  nice modelling too!   Put a stand on it, its gonna fall over :)

Dylan

Ruckus

I do like it.

With all that effort that went into the modeling, you need a to use a tighter tessellation.
Most programs give you control over the chordal deviation and the edge length.  The edge length almost doesn't matter - go with the default. (or 100mm if there is no default).  The chordal deviation should be no more than .2mm, less if you can handle the increased number of triangles, but probably not below .1mm.

If they give control of the angular deviation, then set it to no more than 15 degrees.
15 degrees = good
12 degrees = very good
10 degrees = very fine, but big files
8 degrees  = only for close-ups of small models/subassemblies

There are always exceptions, but I find these numbers give you a good starting point.  You may also want to tessellate different parts to looser/tighter tolerances to balance model size with smooth curves.

edwardo

Nice model! Though I agree with ruckus. You need to up the tessellation or subdivide some parts in the model, notably the exhaust pipe elements. A model like that has gotta be worth the extra import, setup and render time?. Also think you should model the tyre treds rather than bump them. Not negative comments - only saying this because I think it's worth it.

Josh3D

Oh man, would love to share this around! Hope you're able to up the tessellation. Beautiful model work and great rendering!

SergioBL

Thanks all for the support!! I've been a little busy lately... But soon I will be able to do the V2!!

Cheers!!

Sergio