Mr. Easy - portrait of saudade

Started by rodo3d, September 18, 2014, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodo3d

Hi guys,
I come from a traditional background and this was my first work in Keyshot.

It was a fantastic adventure, all the research done for this sculpt made me literally feel the mood I wanted to convey.
I hope it'll get to you.

It's been sculpted and totally hand textured/painted in Zbrush.

TpwUK

The modelling looks great, the skin looks too sweaty, greasy for me, but i love the amount of coloration that is in there. Keep pushing it Rodo3d - Hairs from nostrils and fluffy down on the ears and of course the eyebrows and lashes.

Martin

rodo3d

Quote from: TpwUK on September 18, 2014, 02:27:39 PM
The modelling looks great, the skin looks too sweaty, greasy for me, but i love the amount of coloration that is in there. Keep pushing it Rodo3d - Hairs from nostrils and fluffy down on the ears and of course the eyebrows and lashes.

Martin

Hey Martin, thanks for your feedback.

I kinda went intentionally for a greasy, wet look. I felt it went along pretty well with cold tones...a sort of steam-punk atmosphere.
I painted almost 20-30 layers of skin in Zbrush!!! So I'm glad you like the painting.

As for the hair, after a lot of experiments I decided to leave mr. Easy totally hairless. My focus here was to convey a particular expression which is referred to as saudade in Brazil. A sort of "serene melancholy".

As soon as I reached that focus everything else (extreme realism, etc) was discarded and kept for other projects which will require so.