Zbrush to Keyshot: UV coordinates and texture map problem

Started by Tristanartform, October 09, 2014, 07:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristanartform

Hello. I'm sorry but I think I originally posted this issue in the wrong section -- I'm new to the forum.

I am also somewhat new to Keyshot.

I am trying (for the first time) to apply my color (texture) map to my model using the UV coordinates. the model and UV layout was created in Zbrush.

I exported my obj from Zbrush, imported into Keyshot, applied a Keyshot material, uploaded my BMP. file color map and select placement based on UV coordinates. The map is not applied properly. the scale seems right but the placement is all wrong -- not even close. I tried flipping in U and V, clicking "sync". I'm not sure where I'm making my mistake.

any help would be gratefully received!!

T

Pupille

I´m importing ZBrush sculpts all the time into Keyshot and do not have such problems. The .obj contains information about the proper placement of the texture by means of UV coordinates so there is usually no need to flip them. The Sync button will be useless to fix your problems because it only makes any additional textures get the same values as the ones which it is synced to. But what is important is that you set the type of the texture to "UV coordinates", not box mapping or anything else. Set the size to 1 and the placement values to 0. That should fix your problem. If it still doesn´t look the way it should, then something must be wrong with your texture and UVs (for example, old texture from old ZBrush mesh but newer, different UV coordinates)