Main Menu

Flow animation

Started by Esben Oxholm, September 13, 2015, 09:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esben Oxholm

I'm trying to find a good way to visualize a generic kind of flow.
This is my first attempt. Besides some minor flaws (i.e. balls getting stuck inside the wall of the tube), I think it works quite ok.
Animated in C4D and exported to KS6 via the alembic file format. Worked very well.
DOF and motion blur done with KS6. A small amount of post processing with After Effects.

What do you think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrk2y3_oGIA&feature=youtu.be

I also animated the DOF a bit. When I tried to apply it through the animation-wizard-button, KS crashed (.200)
There was no problem when I applied it through the right-click menu in the scene tree.

Despot

Nice attempt Esben, but (please don't take this the wrong way) it doesn't look like it's flowing to me. Cinema 4D alone does not really do fluid sims. You need X-particles or Realflow...

Although, actually in C4D, try using Thinking Particles and Metaballs, you might get a better result :)

J

LM6

The collisions look good to me but like John said the flow doesn't look right , it's looks very rigid, how did you set it up? looks like a cloner, a random effector and the vibrate tag. To get a more organic flow you could try using the basic c4d emitter to fire the balls into the tube, if you want it to look more like liquid or goo, drop them into a metaball or try the demo of X particles and use the skinner.

Cheers

Peter