Settings Template?

Started by Olof Brown, October 23, 2015, 08:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olof Brown

Is it possible to save a template with settings in KeyShot 5? Perspective, resolution etc.

Will Gibbons

I believe you could make your settings, then save the .bip with no geometry in it. Open it every time you wish to work with it, then import your geometry, save as (new file name) and repeat process whenever you need.

Speedster

QuoteI believe you could make your settings, then save the .bip with no geometry in it.

Yep.  I have a number of "stock" studio and product rigs that I use, which also provides consistency for my individual clients as their product lines evolve.  Most also include IES lights.  If you do that, be sure to "Add to Geometry".

They're in a separate folder that I call "Client Rigs".

Bill G

Niko Planke

I would like to add.
You can add the Client rigs(including cameras) as .bip files to "KeyShot5 resources folder/models" .
they will then show up in Edit->add geometry, and get a shortcut.

This will not retain the resolution and render settings, but in case you always use the same resolution or render settings, you can also modify the startup.bip which is in the KS program folder.

HaroldL

And in case you haven't seen it already, there is a Quick Tip about this subject on the Keyshot Learning section.

Olof Brown

Ok great!
Thanks alot for the help!