Keyshot 5.3

Started by MartianGirl, April 28, 2017, 05:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartianGirl

Hi everyone,
Sorry for my newbie questions, I am tearing my hair out about this one.
I am using the 5.3 bridge for Zbrush-all works fine getting my models over etc.I realise I don't have the latest version with all the bells and whistles on it (finances dictate) but I was wondering if anyone could suggest a work around to my problem.

My model has to be taken in to Keyshot as one thing, with no separate parts, as the textures/normal maps I made in another program are already set. That is all going fine when I apply my maps-great all fits. :)
The problem I now have is that I can only apply material to the whole model, not separate parts. :-[

I tried taking the model in again , this time allocating different colours to the different polygroups -hoping that Keyshot would recogonise it as separate. :-[ Nope that  didn't work.
I have tried  splitting my model and taking it into keyshot. :) This allows me to add separate materials to my model...however I then  cannot get my texture maps/normal maps to line up on each individual part. :-[

Anybody got any ideas? Sorry if I already posted about this, I just can't seem to find a soloution. I'd buy the newer version if finances allowed and use edit geometry :(

Any help will be gratefully received.
Thank you in advance.:)

MartianGirl

Update.
Managed to get my model into Keyshot as one model  whilst keyshot recognising the separate parts, but I still have the same issue with uv's.
How could I get my texture/normal maps to lay over the whole model? Can I put them on a layer so they are on top?