Maya and ZBrush to Keyshot

Started by harshcg, January 12, 2018, 02:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harshcg

Hi all. I am trying to achieve a workflow where I have a maya scene with a basic model and multiple camera matching with image planes(photogrammetry) and I would like to bring into keyshot. Mainly cameras.
And that geo I exported into zbrush, subdivided it and made it highres to do some sculpting. And now using bridge I would like to bring that geo into Keyshot.

I am able to import the cameras from maya to keyshot, but when I export the highres geo from ZBrush to KS, it doesn't import at the same place as the geo from maya, hence not matching the cameras in keyshot.

There are multiple import export settings happening here. Is it keyshot that's not bringing the cameras at right world space? Is there a world space that matches maya? Or is it zbrush exporting wrong? Because same mesh when I export from zbrush and bring into maya, it matches original geo. So I'm guessing its not zbrush export that's wrong.

Would be great if someone can shed a light.

Will Gibbons

By default, KeyShot usually will center geometry and snap to ground. You may need to disable those upon import.

Since there's more programs being used here though, I don't know enough about each one to say which link in your chain is broken. Hopefully somebody here can chime in.

harshcg

Thanks Will.
So it looks like its a ZBrush bridge issue. As zbrush imports all geo flipped, and when we export geo its flips it back again.
But when using bridge, as its not using general export settings, its coming flipped into keyshot.

I can be sure because when I export that highres mesh from zbrush as obj and then import it into Keyshot, its coming at right spot. So it has to be bridge issue. Which I guess cannot be fixed as its a feature to be added in bridge settings :(

Will Gibbons

Glad you have an idea of what it is. If you have access to a standalone version of KeyShot at work, you could try that. It gives you the options to set your import orientation and import settings.