Realtime View Freezing

Started by Paul Lang, March 29, 2019, 01:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Lang

Posted this awhile ago and still unresolved. Realtime view freezes constantly when moving items around. I literally have to quiet and reopen Keyshot every 20min or so. Completely random and seem to be more prominent with transparent materials.

Help.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Paul Lang on March 29, 2019, 01:20:08 PM
Posted this awhile ago and still unresolved. Realtime view freezes constantly when moving items around. I literally have to quiet and reopen Keyshot every 20min or so. Completely random and seem to be more prominent with transparent materials.

Help.

Sorry, can you provide some more details? Or post a link if you already posted it elsewhere? I haven't run into freezing and I use transparent materials all the time. Can you share a file or scene where it happens? Can you verify that your computer isn't overheating or anything else? Ram usage getting maxxed? Just trying to think of what might cause it.

What KS build are you using?

Paul Lang

It is completely random, I haven't isolate that transparent materials causes it, just seems to happen more with them or the heaver the scene is but still does it even with simple scenes. Sharing a file won't help as it is all scened that do it, stared as soon as I upgraded to Keyshot 8. I am running the latest build. Other notes from the previous post is that it is just the realtime view freezing. geometry editor still function, scene tree still functions, menu items still function, its just the viewer that freezes. Running a 2013 Mac Pro, 64gb ram AMD FirePro D700. They are know for getting hot but It still does it even first thing in the am after sitting all night. I have lots of ram so not sure there particularly for simple scenes. I have thought it might be a graphics card issue but it only does it for the realtime view and none of my other 3d apps produce this just Keyshot.

P.

Will Gibbons

Something there definitely sounds fishy. I'm working on nearly an identical computer as you are for work and I don't run into freezing. I suspect something could be corrupt, either a file or something else. Maybe you're doing something (unknowingly) that's causing freezing down-road. I've run into that myself.

Paul Lang

Ya I have been banging my head on this one for awhile. It is defiantly not a corrupt file as it happens on any file new or old. I have uninstalled, cleaned and reinstalled keyshot 3 times. This issue only started once I installed Keyshot 8. Keyshot 7 was fine and never had this issue. I did have terminal running the other day to watch ram usage, one thing I noticed is that keyshot gradually consumes all the ram available, both physical and virtual and once it uses it all that's when it seams to lock up but still hard to pinpoint. Is there no function or preference to purge/dump the ram?