Now issues importing Solidworks 2012 files to KS3 -supressed parts why?

Started by mcd, January 31, 2012, 12:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcd

Ok........so im tearing my hair out here now..

1. My graphics card is bang upto date.
2. Im on latest cut of Keyshot 3 pro, Legitimate copy.
3. I have the solidworks pluggin installed.

OK, i have a model with lots of different products in it. In KS2 i would suppress or hide what i didnt need in solidworks, Save file, then import to KS2 and only what was visible would come through.

But on KS3, hidden, or supressed it insists on bringing everything in, ive tried using old importers and still brings all in!

OK, so i delete the models from assembly, but sometimes this can cause fall down due to referencing other parts etc. Im stuck as my company, and customers use Solidworks 2012, so i have to use KS3.............................

SO far, im sorry to say Keyshot, i am very unimpressed and very very annoyed with this software! Ive been a huge fan, and recommended this software to everyone ever since Hypershot days... now im stuck with bad graphics, slow performance and importer ignoring my wishes.... and i have tight deadlines which are currently going out the window!

Mike

guest84672

We are aware of the deficiencies in the direct importer and are working on a fix. The plugin will work fine though. Make sure you install the latest version from our website that works with KeyShot 3.