Main Menu

Hair Clipper render

Started by GeckoJoe, October 04, 2012, 03:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeckoJoe

One of my first renders at uni  :P

Couldn't quite get the reflection to meet properly on the angled one,
i find that when i import a second model the axis are not aligned well and when i go to rotate the model it moves around some other axial point rather than its centre. Any solutions?

cheers

guest84672

Good start. The devil as always is in the details. Make sure that you add small fillets to the sharp edges. This will help you catch the light in the rendering, and make it look so much more realistic.

PhilippeV8

Good tip.

Also (ref. the blue one), keep your objects above the ground plane ;)

Finaly, personaly, I don't like so much shots of objects that in reality would tip over if positioned like that.  If you want the blue one to stand like that, put something under it .. maybe another clipper or another related product.

GeckoJoe

These are excellent suggestions, thanks guys!

Speedster

Nice start!  The tiny fillets are critical.

You might also want to try adding a (geometry) ground plane (think table top), against which you can mate the parts as you wish.  But the main reason is so you can apply a material to the ground plane and really play with reflections.  I'm not a big fan of ground reflections "from the box" as they are usually to harsh and in your face.  A neat trick is to map both side of the modeled ground plane in a different color, so you can use a different material on each side.  I often use a frosted glass on the top, and chrome (any color of chrome) on the "bottom" side.  The result is really neat and fully adjustable reflections that also are informed by the HDR.

Bill G

GeckoJoe

Hey speedster,
                     Thats pretty valuable advice, cheers, i reckon ill get another up here soon hopefully including these useful tips, just wondering if you had an example of a render you have done using the above technique?

cheers  ;D