Wrangler in the Woods

Started by feher, June 07, 2015, 06:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Been awhile since I have posted anything. Heck it's been awhile since I was able to play.
Wrangler in the woods. Wish I was there...lol
Used another great background shot by Erica Mehki. Having a nice background sure make things easier on me. Keep them coming Erica and I'll keep putting something in them !
Data Prep - Maya
Render software - Luxion KeyShot
Post work - Photoshop

www.feherfactor.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/FeherFactor-CGI-by-Tim-Feher/394218607424843

Speedster

Beautiful as always, Tim! 

I wonder if the ground shadow should be broken over the rocks? I've been doing that by duplicating the model and making it an invisible light source, but retaining the ground shadow.  Then I render a TIFF + alpha, and drop it into Photoshop. Then you can selectively erase the shadow with appropriate brushes.

Just a thought!

Bill G

Angelo

Josh3D

Ohhh, my middle boy is going to love this yellow version. So sharp looking Tim.

Esben Oxholm

Nice job- I really like how you "dirted" it up. Labels or post?

The only thing I think could have been better is the quality of the Background. The car looks just a tad to sharp and "cg-like" against it, when viewed full size.

edwardo

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on June 08, 2015, 12:27:27 PM
Nice job- I really like how you "dirted" it up. Labels or post?

The only thing I think could have been better is the quality of the Background. The car looks just a tad to sharp and "cg-like" against it, when viewed full size.

I think its just the hue (of the body work) is quite 'full on' relative to the back plate, which is quite muted. Just my 2cw

Lovely shot!

feher

Thanks everyone. I might have crushed the foreground a little to much. Don't zoom in.....lol For me the main thing is making the subject matter pop and be able to see all materials and shapes of the parts.  I went with high contrast to bring you to the Jeep. If I left it the image as a whole felt boring. So I took artistic license to push it....lol it's all subjective.
The dirt and grim was put in in post. I wasn't trying for realism as much as I was just trying to add some life into the image. I hope that makes sense.
As always thanks for the support and comments they are always welcome.
Tim

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: feher on June 09, 2015, 05:39:55 AM
Thanks everyone. I might have crushed the foreground a little to much. Don't zoom in.....lol For me the main thing is making the subject matter pop and be able to see all materials and shapes of the parts.  I went with high contrast to bring you to the Jeep. If I left it the image as a whole felt boring. So I took artistic license to push it....lol it's all subjective.
The dirt and grim was put in in post. I wasn't trying for realism as much as I was just trying to add some life into the image. I hope that makes sense.

It makes a lot of sense and I understand your choices. You definitely brought a lot of life into the rendering. As said, I really think you nailed the dirt.
What I was referring to was the transition between the cars right rear wheel and the back ground. The background just seems way more blurred and noise than the wheel - I'm just nitpicking :)