Maya to Keyshot - Is it possible...?

Started by Black-Tooth, February 15, 2015, 01:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black-Tooth

I'm very new to keyshot and I'm having a little trouble doing things and it just occurred to me it might not even be possible to do...Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Can I move a model animated in Maya to keyshot and keep the animations? I can't seem to get it to work. Nothing special, just some key frame animations. I save it as a fbx. file...

Can I move a camera over and keep the same settings? I've managed to get a camera to move over from maya to keyshot but it goes a bit weird, like the field of view being much larger in keyshot that it was in maya.

Using keyshot 5.

TpwUK

I know the developers at Keyshot are working with tighter integration with Maya. I am not sure if it's an FBX only thing though or if its *.mb friendly too. Hopefully one of the Luxion team will drop a reply here and guide you towards a beta version with the Maya support ... Or is it a plugin, either way, I know it's coming soon :)

Martin

guest84672

Animations can only be transferred via FBX. This is the same with camera settings. If you can provide an example where the FOV doesn't translate correctly, that would be great.