Making reflective eyes

Started by Obamu, February 24, 2015, 07:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obamu

Hi, I'm new here, not sure if it's in the right section, there seems no "Ask question" section or beginner section, anyway my goal is to make anime eyes in keyshot and screenshot it and blend it in a 2D art(like via photoshop),

Here is an example of a reflection I want to achieve,

Here is a good example of an eye reflection of a 3D "art" (Mind only the eye, everything else is irrelevant)

so in short, I almost exclusively only want the 3D reflection of the eye, then blend it to a 2D art, if it's not possible I may just make the eye entirely in keyshot

This is what I made so far from 3 year old vid tutorial, but I only got like 1 "glare" out of it, and wanted like 3 glares like above https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7mwLIoiKrY

So let's say the results turn out the way I wanted, I'll load my mesh/object, put the materials, put the light, rotate the lighting based on where my silhouette is facing, render, screenshot, cropt it in photoshop, then blend it to my 2D art.

I think it's very hard to understand. I just want to try anyway. We are not native english speakers here BTW

Edit: Also, you may think, that why don't I just, paint those reflections? I know but I've seen amazing reflections that are absolutely very hard and time consuming to do like a window is reflecting on that eye, I saw some at pixiv but I didn't bookmark it.

TpwUK

If you have Keyshot pro use the HDRi editor and then add pins where needed to get the highlights you want.

If you don't have pro, then use emitter or light objects where needed.

Martin