Main Menu

Rendering of HDR images.

Started by MealeaYing, February 28, 2015, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MealeaYing

Hi Everyone!

I am one of the trillions of people who have KeyShot suddenly as a result of being a ZBrush addict.

Right off the bat I noticed that while there are a bloody heap of other peoples images (I am deleting them, they are in my way) plopped into the Environment thingy, theres no way to render my own directly in KeyShot.
I think that this ought to change, think of how cool this would be:
You build your scene in what ever 3D program you like, fork it off into KeyShot, set rendering to HDRI Panorama and POOF instant new background! YAY!
Now you can fork more of your work into that and your objects get rendered in YOUR environment!
Splendid huh?
I found a way of doing this in Blender (and made a tutorial about it, why I do not know, no one will ever use it), but it sort of seems like having a victory party for having defeated the purpose, I got KeyShot so that I would not have to put up with Blender!
See how far that got me?

Anyhow it would be a peachy feature, mainly because I want it and don't much want Blender.

Cheers!
Mealea

Arn

edwardo

I would love this feature! I'v suggested it a few times. I am currently building a kind of scifi garage/hanger interior - when I'm done modelling I will take enough interior shots and try to stitch them together in PTGui. This feature would be great - just place the camera where ever and hit "go". Decent interior HDRIs are thin on the ground, would be great to make our own in this way.

Speedster

Wow, great idea!  I've wondered about creating HDR's from rendered geometry, but I don't know that much about the HDRI "non-camera" process.

Now...  if it could be done, it would be nice to be able to level the camera "tripod", like I do for pano shots, and then be able to rotate the camera in specific angular increments.  I use a degree wheel on my tripod head.

Bill G

KeyShot

We will add this functionality in the not too distant future.

MealeaYing

Quote from: KeyShot on June 07, 2015, 10:35:46 PM
We will add this functionality in the not too distant future.

GRIN!!!!!
THAT is AWESOME!
YAY!!

KeyShot

While it did not make it to KeyShot 6. It is in the pipeline.

andy.engelkemier

I also want this. Vray has it. You just put the camera where you want, and it renders out whichever format you want. Most everyone chooses latitude longitude format (that's what keyshot uses)

this would not be too difficult to do with a little work in hdrshop in the meantime.
If you place a mirror ball in front of your camera, that's just a light probe format image. Make a copy of your camera and move it 90 degrees from the ball. There are instructions on how to combine the two images in hdrshop.
Tip, you want a REALLY tessellated sphere for this. Like, Really dense.

You can do the same thing with your own pictures and a mirror ball actually. it's pretty fun. Of course, you have a little more work because you also have to mask out the camera and potentially yourself, but that's not too difficult.

MealeaYing

Quote from: KeyShot on February 05, 2016, 04:57:47 PM
While it did not make it to KeyShot 6. It is in the pipeline.

Its STILL awesome, I cant wait!