Main Menu

Porsche GT-3

Started by Speedster, October 16, 2010, 09:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

With the thought of entering the Porsche GT-3 rendering contest (see "Words from the KeyShooters", Oct.10) I decided to play around with the stunning and beautifully created model. 

Unfortunately, the .obj is poorly mapped, so, at least for me, it's virtually impossible to accurately duplicate the target image, especially in the taillights.  There's many oddly combined maps, like taillight reflector and the bolts holding the wing in place, combined with interior trim.  I tried to convert the .obj to an .stl in SimLab Composer and remap stuff in SolidWorks, without success.

Anyway, I don't have time to work it out.  It would likely take many different rendering passes and a ton of Photoshopping, which I don't think is the goal of the contest.

But, I had a blast playing with it, with quick results below, as shot, with no Photoshopping.  The HDR is mine, created in HDR-LightStudio.  It's the funkiest I've done yet, but works.  The backplates are renderings of my "table-top photostand" model, and a hollow cylinder with "glass tubes narrow bump", shot from inside the end.  Wierd, but hey, you try everything!  What's really scary is how many KetShots I've done with KS2!  Just look at the image number!

Enjoy, and I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the rendering contest.

Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

Speedster

Forgot to mention-  KeyShot 2 Pro, the latest 2.1.21 update.  Bloom enabled and used on the headlights and just a touch on the tail lights.  Vignetting cranked all the way up.  Cool feature!
Bill G

degruch

Tail lights look great Bill, head-lights maybe a little too much bloom. Is a great feature though...try it on on one of your old gas-lamp cars!  ;D

Will have to give this function a try myself...have barely touched KeyShot since I bought it! :(

Nice work!

Cheers,
Duane