In front of my house.

Started by Nils Piirma, March 15, 2015, 12:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nils Piirma

Quote from: Arn on March 18, 2015, 05:29:26 PM
Quote from: nilspiirma3d on March 17, 2015, 09:56:25 PM
I used the Google Camera App for my android phone and did a photosphere there.
How exactly do you make that work? You take a backplate, a photosphere, and then what? Do you need to add appropriate lights to the photosphere via the Keyshot HDRI editor, as you will probably miss the light information a normal HDRI contains, or do you have some way of getting the appropriate lights to show up?

Very cool technique. I had been playing with the photosphere recently, but totally neglected to notice this use for it. It seems so obvious now.

I did the photo first, actually did around 10 for more room to play around with. then I edited the picture in lightroom and photoshop to look kinda cool. while I was taking the 10 shots, after that I did also a photosphere, i loaded that in to keyshot HDRI editor and redid the light sources with BLEND functionality with PINS. Matched the custom made HDRI with the angles to the backplate I had previosley done and voila. Altho the GRAIN while taking a picture with a phone is pretty hard to get rid of, especially considering the fact that it's not a DSLR, will be have to added to the image in post production.

Arn

Thanks for filling in the details, I expected it be something like that. Very nice, I will have to experiment with such a method sometimes soon :)

Esben Oxholm

Great technique to add the light via the blending mode. Thanks.