My turntable animations look like Shanaynay.

Started by cash68, March 24, 2015, 10:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cash68

So I'm tryin to get the environment, which is mainly black, with a one spot light, to rotate AROUND the object.  The object should be stationary.  I read that if I use a rotation, in combination with a camera pivot opposite the rotation, the object should stay stationary while the environment rotates.  I get the theory.

The issue is no matter what, I can't get it to sit still.  I have the object no longer rotating, but it shifts left/right like Shanaynay's head, when she's done with 'all that'.  It's super annoying.  Advice?

guest84672

You should use a turntable animation, and then have a camera orbit animation rotate in the opposite direction. Make sure the turntable rotates around the object.

cash68

I have tried object and environment, both wind up with something like this:

guest84672

If you had posted the scene I'd be able to help. Is that possible?

cash68

It'd be really nice if we could just animate the rotation of the environment.  Should be simple to do, no?   The turntable/orbit thing is a hack way to achieve this, and as this topic is kind of pointing out, it doesn't always work.

OK

Hi Cash,

What is probably happening is that the object and the camera are rotating along a different axis. You need to make sure they have the same center. Maybe try it first with a cube or something. If that doesn't work then you can at least share the scene and we can help you.