Microorganism - first try with mudbox

Started by Esben Oxholm, April 02, 2015, 04:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esben Oxholm

Hi guys.

Being quite impressed with the modeling details in the posts below, I figured I had to try some sculpting myself.
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,10224.0.html
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,10157.0.html

Created this microorganism thing to try it out :)
Basemesh in Rhino
Sculpting in Mudbox
Rendered with KeyShot
Post in Photoshop

Any comments and thoughts? :)

Tempe

It looks really good, I think the tail could be twisted a bit but thats only a matter of taste. :) And I think u could make the whole model in mudbox instead of using Rhino for basemesh.

Magnus Skogsfjord

I really like the added texture detail. Do you happen to know if mudbox takes all formats? Would be nice to be able to add such details to NX-generated geometry.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Tempe on April 03, 2015, 01:20:08 AM
It looks really good, I think the tail could be twisted a bit but thats only a matter of taste. :) And I think u could make the whole model in mudbox instead of using Rhino for basemesh.

Thanks. Yeah, a twisted tail would loosen up the image a bit. I agree with that.
Would you start out with a sphere in Mudbox and the squeeze it and drag the tail out using the grabtool? Or how would you do it?

QuoteI really like the added texture detail. Do you happen to know if mudbox takes all formats? Would be nice to be able to add such details to NX-generated geometry.

Thanks.
Don't know. I exported from Rhino as obj.

Tempe

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on April 03, 2015, 07:15:58 AM
Quote from: Tempe on April 03, 2015, 01:20:08 AM

Thanks. Yeah, a twisted tail would loosen up the image a bit. I agree with that.
Would you start out with a sphere in Mudbox and the squeeze it and drag the tail out using the grabtool? Or how would you do it?

QuoteI really like the added texture detail. Do you happen to know if mudbox takes all formats? Would be nice to be able to add such details to NX-generated geometry.

Thanks.
Don't know. I exported from Rhino as obj.

Yea, I think that would be a good way, however Mudbox as a scultp tool offers a lot of possible solutions. Play with it a bit and you will see you are able to create almost everything.