Main Menu

Lana

Started by evilmaul, March 26, 2015, 06:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilmaul

sorry for the late reply, been away from CG for a little while :)
Nope there is no compositing of passes done for these or for any of my renders. I have always preferred to have the best 1 single beauty pass versus tweaking in comp different passes. Just my personal approach.
cheers
M

evilmaul

with some hair now :)

edwardo

wow, I'm at a loss for words, so no point in saying 'this and that'...... simply amazing!

Can I ask what your pipeline for the hair was? Is KS6 beta offering something new for hair/fur type things?

E

Despot

Lovely render Marco - I take it that's your partner ?

@Edwardo

I can only speak from the standpoint of a C4D user, I can export hair guides (splines essentially) which can then be rendered in KS - not sure what can be done from Maya (Marco's choice of package I think)

There are also Curve Colour Nodes that can be utilised within the Material Graph Editor to better control the colour of Root/Base/Tip

J

evilmaul

thanks guys! and nope she is supposed to be Lana del rey :)

As far as the hair goes this has nothing to do with KS6 (I noticed that the hair material node is gone now?)
This has been rendered in KS4 and the hair has been generated in maya as a combination of maya nhair systems and paintfx which have then been ultimately converted in polys for KS.

cheers
M

jt_pedersen

Looks great.

Just wanted to add that in KS6 paintfx hair is imported as curves with vertex colors from Maya. I would be interested to see if that was better than using polys.

edwardo

Quotethanks guys! and nope she is supposed to be Lana del rey :)

Good likeness, and good choice of subject matter  ;)

E

soren

The Hair material was not ready, so it is not included in KeyShot 6.0, but it is still in the pipeline.

To add to jt_pedersens comment, Alembic files should be supported soon as well.

/Søren

evilmaul

thanks guys for the update ...both are great news and I am sure will be greatly appreciated additions to KS6.
I shall give paintfx a try and see what I get