1965 Chevy C10 Surface-modeled in Rhino 4

Started by Hellboy1991, March 27, 2015, 04:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellboy1991

I love Classics! ... and i love trucks! What better than a good ol' Chevy C10 to build over a bored weekend... Modeled this in Rhinoceros 4.0, then rendered in Keyshot 5. Was good practice for surface modeling ;) ! My first full surface-modeled Rhino model; would love a few comments & suggestions!

edwardo

I can't see your isocurves, but it looks like there are a lot of strange surfaces going on. BUT (and its a big 'but'), Your modelling has come on leaps and bounds in like, 1 year! Well done

Ed

Hellboy1991

Thanks for the reply Edwardo .. As i said its just my first attempt at building a car body from scratch using just the 'NetworkSrf' command in Rhinoceros... Things will only get better from here... and yeah, got a long way to go ... :D

edwardo

TBH, i would stick to 'swept rails' and 'surfaces from edges'. 'NetworkSrf' are very heavy/messy and difficult to predict. You'd be amazed how few tools are needed to build proper, class A nurbs surfaces! (I don't even know what half the sh!t in rhino does, and I'v been using it for years!). Good luck!

Ed

Angelo

did you recently make this in rhino 4? if so please by all means upgrade to 5 you are missing out a lot and that handy gumball

Hellboy1991

I agree, edwardo... Rhino seems to sometimes be confusing! I'll stick to your tips, Thanks :) !

Hellboy1991

Agreed, Angelo. I did try making this in Rhino 5, but for some reason the materials are all getting messed up (perhaps some issue with the installation itself) . I'll start working with Rhino 5 after i do a reinstall of it... Thanks :) !