Mamas & Papas Armadillo Flip Pushchair fold

Started by mcd, March 12, 2015, 12:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcd

Quick animation I created for use on product launch for our new pushchair. The Fold of the hood was difficult.. so I built two simple surface models and made them flip in and out of view on a split second.

I have spoken with my design director, she is happy for Keyshot to use this video.

https://youtu.be/Nc9Uu7DtCPk

Sorry... struggling to embed, an everytime I try to upload an image it crashes?

Mike

Esben Oxholm

Hi Mike.

Looks generally OK. If you want to improve it I have a few suggestions that might help you.

1. Instead of flipping the different versions of the hood in and out of the view in a split second, you could use the fade function to make it look more smooth and easier to see what's happening.

2. Try to use ease in/out for most of movements. It gives a more smooth and natural feel to the motions. Right now it's very static and rough.

Let me know if it helps :)

mcd

Hi Esben,

Thanks for your feedback. I was under the impression you cannot fade parts in and out? If so I have many work arounds that could take advantage of this feature, I would import every layer of hood and fade them individually. (more recent models have separate hood panels)

Is this a new feature in Keyshot 5? I was originally running version 4 and I only had move, translate, rotate type commands at the time.

Encouraged if indeed I can fade parts in and out?

Thanks

Mike

PhilippeV8

You could also render out 2 or more images of different steps, then fade them in a video editing software ... saves render time on a nearly static image ..

Robb63

You can definitely fade things in and out in animations now.
The only thing I've noticed is, is you have ground reflections on that they don't seems to fade at the same rate (or at all) as the part that is fading in.

guest84672

Correct and that will be fixed in KeyShot 6.

Angelo

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on March 16, 2015, 01:52:47 AM
Hi Mike.

Looks generally OK. If you want to improve it I have a few suggestions that might help you.

1. Instead of flipping the different versions of the hood in and out of the view in a split second, you could use the fade function to make it look more smooth and easier to see what's happening.

2. Try to use ease in/out for most of movements. It gives a more smooth and natural feel to the motions. Right now it's very static and rough.

Let me know if it helps :)
agreed, was thinking the same ease in/out would make it look better