Toon render (ed roth ish)

Started by mjb, March 31, 2015, 02:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjb

Made in Zb, rendered in Keyshot.
Made a custom HDRI which was just white with a black band through the center of it for the cartoon reflections (using KS motion blur for the wheels...kinda worked. Smoke done in AI.
I shoulda blurred the treads, but he wanted it as is...  :P

mjb

The original project was this, to make a mustang that the guy owned back in 1969.. only had a photograph of the 'plate and some colour charts.
Got given a photo to use with no matching HDRI, so had to make one.

TpwUK

Awesome - Love this kind of work, and from such a vague brief too!

Martin

mjb

Hey thanks Martin  ;D
HDRI looked like this! Had to strategically revolve it so there were no obvious reflections! Added a large light to replicate the sunlight - kinda worked out!

mjb

this even

mjb

I wondered how I could not light the ground plane.. any suggestions? As you can see it lit the floor quite heavily..I really needed the shadows but without the brightening of the ground.
I guess I coulda cloned it back.. just wondered if there was something I could do.

TpwUK

QuoteI wondered how I could not light the ground plane.. any suggestions?

Did you try the Tim Feher suggestion on the ground plane when doing vehicle rendering ? Apply a gradient map to the ground plane and have it loose intensity outwards from the middle. There is a gradient disc in the materials library to experiment with :)

Don't know if it will do what you want, but it's worth a try

Martin

mjb

I certainly didn't - Thank you! That sounds ideal... I shall have a play.
Cheers Martin!
M

Chad Holton

Love it, Matt!  8) I agree with you that the tire needs to have motion blur as well - I think then it would be near perfect, IMO. I understand that your hands were tied though..   ;)

mjb

::) Clients!
Thanks for the comment Chad! appreciate it :)

slater

Very good shots...!!! toon is awesome, and i agree also on blur as chad wrote.
Vintage shot is my favourite!!