Rhino, import problem

Started by lweisz, February 17, 2015, 07:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lweisz

Hello everyone,

First excuse my english, I'm from Switzerland,
Here is my problem: I have created a scene in Rhino 3D, saved in Rhino 4, imported in Keyshot 4.0, applied materials, lightnings etc etc.... Then i noticed i forgot a part, so back to Rhino, i create a new part, i export the part alone in a separate file. The part was created in the same rhino file as before according to the model.
When I import the file in  Keyshot, it appears very small (different scale) and not in the right place (not in the same position that it was in my rhino file). Where is the problem. Can you help with that?
I give you the 2 files so you can check:
1. the file "test" with the watch (highly confidential!!!!)
2. the file  "verre" with the part i would like to add to the scene of Keyshot, but when i add to i, it appears very small and in a wrong position. But it was correctly designed in rhino scale and position, if you import the part "verre" in the file "test" in rhino, you will see that it will perfectly fit in the correct position!

Thanks for your help
Laurent

richardfunnell

Whenever you import a file and want to retain the original position, select "Keep Original" for both the location and the size. This applies for your first imported part, and any parts you add to the scene after that.

This ensures that you're using the scale & orientation from Rhino within KeyShot. Now when you add another file into that scene, it will come in as it does in your modeling software.

I've tested this with your files and they import with no problems. In order to protect your files, I've deleted them from your post. For future issues with sensitive data please contact support@luxion.com

lweisz

Many thanks for your quick answer,

It solves the problem for the scaling, but not the problem for the positionning, the glass part is not in the correct position, it is too low in the Z axes (rhino speaking?, Y axes Keyshot speaking), any solution for that? Do you try with the rhino file? and to import it in Keyshot?
thanks
Laurent

richardfunnell

Yes, it imports exactly into KeyShot as it appears in Rhino, I tried both KeyShot 5.1 & 4.3

Is there a reason you're running KeyShot 4.0 instead of 4.3.18? Otherwise I can see no problems bringing the part in, make sure you have "keep original" for both size & locations for both parts.