Help! Create a transparent film

Started by Byfarm, May 04, 2015, 06:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byfarm

:( :( :( :(

Hello everyone,
I am new in this forum and I am also a new user of Keyshot.

I need advice on how to create a transparent film that gives me the effect that you see in the picture attached.

I have now used Glass Refractive White R 1.3 S 285 but the result is just too bad.

You can help me ????

thanks a lot

thanks a lot

guest84672

First off, make sure you duplicate the surface and offset it slightly. You may want to use a transparent plastic and increase the IOR on that material to get the high level of reflectivity. Turning off "Fresnel" may help with this as well in order to make it even more reflective.

edwardo

Wow, what a task... I don't envy you. Just to throw in my 2 cts worth, I think you should make custom bump maps (to emulate the ripples in the film), then apply those maps to the entire side of the palette/stack of boxes. You might need to make one map for each 'side' of the stacked boxes. If your really keen you could make corresponding opacity maps that would simulate it being less transparent in places where the film has been wrapped multiple times. And as Thomas said, make sure you offset your 'film' geometry from your 'boxes' geometry.

Good luck

Speedster

Tough nut to crack!  You might try a "Wavy" bump map, with the X/Y scales completely screwed up, to capture the ripples.
Bill G

Justin M

What modeling software are you using? If you're using maya or max, use a shrinkwrap deformer, then use the sculpt geometry tool to add in/accentuate the ripples of the plastic.That would give you a real nice mesh to work with for the plastic wrapping, then you don't have to mess with normal maps for the ripples, it'll all be modeled. Just a thought.

Byfarm

Many thanks to all of the recommendations.
Unfortunately not manage it but only the 3D render, I'll try to get me to do a more "choppy".

For now I put a textur and worked with the opacity and this is the result.

I am still far away but at least it is presentable.

sorry for my English
Sara