Geri's new art studio

Started by Speedster, May 10, 2015, 10:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

Well, after 46 years, my wife Geri finally got her own art studio!  About time!  She's a well known painter and medalist, but has been working in the master bedroom since we moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico, a year ago.  Got the Final Inspection signoff last week, and she's already hard at work!

I designed it in SolidWorks, then turned it over to our contractor to flesh out the design and drawings to city code and building permit.  I used KeyShot renderings along the way for visualization.

These renderings, which are not highly developed, are to show our landscaper what we are after. I had also roughly modeled the interior features and studio furniture so we could study space allocation and placement. Used a single imported sphere as an Area Light Diffuse for the interior shot, and got rid of those blasted "spot speckles" by increasing my rendering samples to 24.  The last two shot are real, as it is built.

On the interior shot, I have no idea why there are dark bands, or edges, at the corners.  I know it's caused by the Diffuse Light, but ???  Any clues?

And she kindly let me put my recording studio on the back wall!

KeyShot is a powerful tool for visualization, and it's a blast to use it for yourself once in a while.

Bill G

EGON

Congrats Bill & Geri. Fantastic job.

TpwUK

I simply luv real world projects - Would be great to see some more design concepts/photographs for comparison - Job well done Bill :)

Martin

guest84672

Render it with KeyShot 6 and use interior lighting mode in the lighting tab. While still work in progress, it already is a vast improvement in terms of speed and quality.

And yes - congrats to both of you! Job well done.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Really cool to see the 3D vs reality! Nice : )

Josh3D

This looks great Bill! Well done!!

Angelo