Another RS7 render project

Started by Nils Piirma, May 16, 2015, 03:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nils Piirma

Since this is a full Project for my Client I thought of perhaps sharing these renders here too. (since they're officially released already)

would be great to hear your thoughts on these too :)

Speedster

These are really beautiful!  Good job!

The 2nd image in the canyon caught my eye, however. We have many rocky canyons here in Santa Fe, New Mexico, just like the backplate you used.  Speaking for myself, and I'm sure many of us, KeyShot has sharpened my senses and observation of the world around me.  I'm always on the lookout for good backplate shots (with my cell- great camera!), and how light and shadow interplay.

One thing I've noticed especially is the overall toning of reflected light from the elements within the environment, whether from the landscape, buildings, whatever.

So, in the second image, I feel the reflections on the car need to relate more to the sandy rock colors, even though it's in a shadow area.  Perhaps try isolating the car in Photoshop and applying a very subtle warming filter?

Just some thoughts...

Bill G

Nils Piirma

Quote from: Speedster on May 16, 2015, 06:57:06 AM
These are really beautiful!  Good job!

The 2nd image in the canyon caught my eye, however. We have many rocky canyons here in Santa Fe, New Mexico, just like the backplate you used.  Speaking for myself, and I'm sure many of us, KeyShot has sharpened my senses and observation of the world around me.  I'm always on the lookout for good backplate shots (with my cell- great camera!), and how light and shadow interplay.

One thing I've noticed especially is the overall toning of reflected light from the elements within the environment, whether from the landscape, buildings, whatever.

So, in the second image, I feel the reflections on the car need to relate more to the sandy rock colors, even though it's in a shadow area.  Perhaps try isolating the car in Photoshop and applying a very subtle warming filter?

Just some thoughts...

Bill G

Hey Bill.

Yeah, I thought of re-doing this too. But since my client has already posted these :D it's kinda pointless to revisit this one. But I'll give it a shot some other time. Thanks for the TIP :)

slater

For me the last one is the best shot ..u did great job.
relates to second one, for my 2c idea, don't need warm filter, because car is in full shadow area..so can't be affect from warm light color..
Regards

Speedster

Quotecar is in full shadow area..so can't be affect from warm light color
Actually, I disagree.  I have photos I took up in the Santa Fe National Forest that show cars in full shadow, but still picking up reflected color from the canyon walls that are in full sun.  It really depends on some many things, however, so probably no matter.
Bill G

Nils Piirma

Some more.