Depth Pass not rendering out properly

Started by blessid, May 06, 2015, 11:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

Well if you use a backplate image, it wouldn't be empty, would it  ;)

blessid

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses and suggestions! @Phillipe I actually tried the method with adjusting the exposure and had similar results, but great effort! I've have only just come back to this post, so have actually finished my image. I had a similar thought to @Finema about there being no geometry in the background, so I actually added a slop in the background the re-renered my image. I then adjusted the Exposure in Photoshop. (See attached)

However, @Ebsben - "If you choose "equalize histrogram" instead of "local adaption" it actually looks pretty fine" - That's really good work, because looking at your depth map I can honestly say that it has come out better than my final depth channel did! In your shot you have captured the depth perfectly! I'm going to try this method, and think i'll combine it with the ground slope method and compare to my original results :D

Great work, and so kind for your efforts. You're all hero members in my eyes!

I'll be back with an updated shot :)

Finema

@Philippe > a backplate is an image , not a geometry :)

blessid

Hey guys,

Updated image. This time round I had a ramp in the background of my scene, and in photoshop i adjusted the exposure, equalised the image, then played with the brightness and contrast a bit. Let me know your thoughts.

Luke