Light through glass and liquid...

Started by Finema, November 27, 2015, 05:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finema

Hi,
I try to do a beauty shot with light through bottle.
I would like to have a render as the picture in attachment (screen.jpg)> a red/yellow gradient in the liquid (cognac).
I know i can use post production but i prefer to approach the result in KS and finishing in Photoshop..
The screen 2 in attachment (screen2.jpg) is my result. I use material glass, liquid and 3 Panels Straight 2k environment. It's not bad but to cold.
Thanks for your help.

Speedster

Hi there!
Be sure that your model has a tiny bit of space between the liquid volume and the inside of the glass.  Not much, like .001" (.03 mm), and set your ray bounces to at least 4-6.  With separate volumes or surfaces you can paint each to suit.  This should get you along your path, and be sure to share!
Bill G

Finema

Tanks Bill,
Today i'm closer to the result.
I use an Interior environment with blur and give more light in the liquid.
I can just show a part of the render because it's a work in progress for a customer.

Esben Oxholm

Hi Finema.
The colors sure looks better in the newest version, although their might be to much going on in the reflections.

Be careful with your comparison to the Triomphe bottle. The shape of it is quite different from the bottle you are working on, and the light is going to behave different as well. The curved surfaces and kinks plays a big role in creating the contrasts and color gradients. I would suggest that you compare it to images of bottles with a closer similarity in shape.

Also, I'm almost sure that the image of the Triomphe bottle has been post processed a fair amount to really get those gradients to stand out, and it's going to be tough for you to achieve the same vibrant and dynamic feel without doing it as well.

Just my quick thoughts.
I hope it helps in some way. Good luck with the project.

Best,

Finema

Thanks Esben
I think also the Triomphe bottle has been much post processed.
At this time, i use an other environment, and my bottle have more yellow reflect. Perhaps too much, but i erase them in Photoshop.
When the product will be finish and on the market, i'll post my render.
Thanks again.

texax

Few things from the quick glance:

1. Your bottle is very different compared to your benchmark, you will not get as exciting light breaks.
2. Your benchmark bottle is Photoshoped heavily. I will go as far as to say that the whole light game of the liquid within the bottle is just made in Photoshop with gradients and blends.