Recognize and over write render files

Started by jeffw, April 28, 2015, 10:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffw

Most programs such as Photoshop, Word and Cad programs allow you to easily over write existing files because in the save dialog box you are allowed to see the existing files of the same format. You just select one and over write it.  In Keyshot when you are in the render options dialog it does not let you see the existing similar render format files, it only gives you the name it is going to save as which is the name of of the Keyshot file you are in appended with a version number and the folder where it is going. The only way you can over write is if you remember the exact name of an existing file and type it in exactly.

MealeaYing

If you are talking about being able to resume a render that has been stopped Im all for it.
I have to stop rendering things on a regular basis because they are taking too long and I need to do something else with the computer. This severely hampers what I can do with KeyShot.
Basicly I would like it to pick up where it left off when I told it to stop, if this isnt what you mean let me know and I will remove this and put it in its own thread ok?

Cheers!