Deelip Rendering contest

Started by David, October 25, 2010, 03:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Did anybody else have a go at this?
it seems that keyshot scored a blank.

here is my entry

David

I thought i was in with a good shot, compared to the winners my picture does not line up exactly, maybe i should have spent a bit more time on aligning the model.

here are the winners

http://www.deelip.com/?p=4377

guest2984

David, i think you shot is better than the 3rd winner and very close to the 2nd place.

Speedster

I was going to give it a "keyShot", but the tail lights were so oddly mapped I gave up.  If you compare the target photo to yours (best, in my opinion) and the winners you'll see what I mean.  Anyway, cool car and a nice challenge.  Had a lot of fun playing with it.
Bill G

David

Thanks for the comments guys, ;)

Its a really good model but its far from identical to the 911 in the photo, because of the differences like the lights and more importantly the dimensions / rear bumper i did more of an interpretation and concentrated on the colours and lighting,

I didn't think modifying / streatching the model to exactly match the photo was the idea;
oh well, it was a fun little project.

plus i now have a very nice model to play around with.

guest84672

That is true, but now we have 3 more KeyShot users out there. I agree, third place was quite bad.

jbeau

Wish I had time to give this a go. Maybe the next one... Nice entry David.

quigley

I did see this and wondered why all the winners were Cinema 4D users and rendered in C4D or VRay? I thought the whole point was that it had to be done in Keyshot?

guest84672

No - it was open. You were able to use any rendering software.