Help! how do I achieve the result in Real Time with a hi-res render

Started by nicksodium, November 04, 2010, 06:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicksodium

So guys,

The first image is a screenshot from real time, which has this "imperfect" tone to it that I quite like. The only problem is it is only in 72dpi.

Then I tried to render it with "Use Real-time render" box checked and the resolution set to 300dpi, the result became the second image. Not satisfied!

If the "use real-time render" box unchecked, the third image became all too smooth for me.

How can I render an image like the first one done by the real time render but in a much higher resolution???

Richman

Because this is really easy to render (simple materials, etc), I suggest you render the resolution you want (300dpi) and add grain/distort/etc post process in photoshop to get your look.  That's what I would do.  It won't take long for KS.  It looks like basic diffuse materials anyways. That would be my approach.

JeffM

If you're using KeyShot 2.1 you can enable the "use real-time" option in your render settings and this will allow you to get exactly the same image, but at any resolution.

Otherwise, you can just decrease the sample on the render to retain that noisiness, although I would typically prefer to control that in Photoshop also.

nicksodium

Quote from: Richman on November 04, 2010, 12:38:11 PM
Because this is really easy to render (simple materials, etc), I suggest you render the resolution you want (300dpi) and add grain/distort/etc post process in photoshop to get your look.  That's what I would do.  It won't take long for KS.  It looks like basic diffuse materials anyways. That would be my approach.

Thanks for the reply.

The materials are quite basic. However, if I use the render engine with a higher resolution, it ends up with the last image, which does not have a shadow like the real-time image.

JeffM

Ah, make sure "sharp shadows" in the render settings is enabled.