Disappearing Parts - I'm losing my mind

Started by eddiemg, June 12, 2015, 01:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiemg

This has happened to me several times, and each time I lose tons of work, I need a solution...

KS 5.3, using Solidworks models directly into Keyshot. Everything is going fine setting up the render, but when I render either to Network or Background, the model/parts have pulled a COMPLETE switch-a-roo: parts have replaced other parts (the foot is now the handle, etc...) the materials are all switched up, and most parts have just completely disappeared. That's crazy, so I try "Default" render setting, and it's all fixed -- it maintains what I see in Realtime. I'm using the Advanced render setting.

Now, if I stop all the renders, save, quit and reopen the KS file, that chaotic status remains: while the scene tree is exactly right, the parts it's now referencing are all wrong ("Handle" in the scene tree is there, but in the realtime it is not). I turned off Live Linking in case that was messing things up, but am at a loss. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

eddiemg

Just talked to Keyshot support, it's a bug they are trying to fix. Has to do with hierarchy issues in the scene tree after moving items. Occasionally makes parts switch and replace and act as if a Tornado hit your Keyshot file. No fix yet.