public Bugfix-List?

Started by KS-Nulpe, May 28, 2015, 06:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KS-Nulpe

Hello,
is there a public bugfix-list I can look into to see if it is worth upgrading to the next Version of KS? I do not have admin-permission on my machine, therefore this would be helpful in communicating with our administrative department.

thanks.

guest84672

It is always worth upgrading. Every update is an improvement over the previous one.

Speedster

QuoteEvery update is an improvement over the previous one.

I disagree, Thomas.  Not "just" an improvement, but always a "Quantum Leap".

Every upgrade is WELL worth it!  I know, because I go back to KeyShot 1 and even earlier...

Bill G

KS-Nulpe

all in the eyes of the beholder. Since I have a pretty big Software collection that I am not managing myself, I cannot constantly bug my Administrators for an upgrade. That is why I am asking for a specific list that lets me decide whether it is worth the effort.

Since the bugfix-list used to be a standard, I am asking, whether keyshot offers one, or not.

Best regards,

Nulpe.

Speedster

Ah- sorry!  I see your problem.  "Administrators" can be a real pain.  I have a large client with many seats of SolidWorks, and it takes them several years to finally get their updates installed, by which time they are way behind the curve.  I have to keep at least three active releases (upgrades) available for them, and be very careful which version I open in.  And they lose so much time and efficiency in the meantime.

A bug fix-list is a good idea for you guys in this predicament.  Maybe the KeyShot Team should look into this?  I have several apps where they have created a "Justification Statement" just to help convince management to stay valid in a rapidly developing industry.  "Time is Money", as they say!  I'm glad I'm using a 32 core BOXX instead of my old trusty (?) Pentium 100!

Bill G

KS-Nulpe

Ours are pretty forthcoming, actually. However, it helps being able to justify my demands; I am the only one in the company with these (and with such a wide variety of software that is continuously improved). Currently I'm counting at least 4 pending updates, and the last installation was just one month ago.

Cheers,

B.