Exporting spherical with rendered object

Started by waters, November 05, 2010, 01:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waters

Now I know how to bring in a spherical panorama as an environment I wonder if it is possible to add a rendered object ( piece of furniture ) to the environment and save it as a spherical. This is different than a turntable rendering, as the object would not be the center of rotation.

guest84672

Can you explain further - I am not sure I understand.

waters

As usual I am never too clear! Let's say my 360 panorama is of an empty room that I wish to " furnish " with one of my pieces of furniture that I have modeled in Key Creator. In Key Shot I can bring in the 360 as an environment and add my furniture model, which I then render. I would like to be able to save this " scene " with the furniture in it back into a spherical format so I could put it into Pano2VR to view on the web.

guest84672

Ping Ralf-S - I think he has done something like this before.

Ralf-S

Hi waters,

You can make a "Turntable" with your model, for example with 120 images.

Open Object2VR

Go to the Light Table
- Colums : 120
- Rows: 1

Add Images -> Choose your 120 images -> Click on the first image, hold down the Shift key and click on the last image.

Output -> QuickTime /Flash -> Add -> Settings -> HTML -> Enable HTML ....   

Ralf-S

But, I think you want to use your rendered planar image(s) from KeyShot and "change/stitch" it into a spherical format.

With a camera such images are created with a tripod and a "Nodal Point Adapter".
The camera is in the center, and images are "created" from the center -> circular 360° with the view to the outside.

That means, with KeyShot YOU are the center and you have to render some images -> 360° with the view to the "outside".

This images you can stitch with "Panorama Stitching applications", or Photoshop...and insert in Pano2VR.