Main Menu

Quick interior test

Started by edwardo, June 14, 2015, 08:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwardo

HA!! "Magnus S" I just noticed that on grab cad... small world.  Well, a massive shout out to Magnus for supplying the rubber duckie (you can't tell from this, but its an amazing, clean model!).

Thanks folks, I have a few more things to do to this then I will call it a day I think.

E

TpwUK

Looking really good Edwardo, are you going to push it further ?

Martin

edwardo

Yes, a bit, not much though (I don't like the space/design, it was just done for a friend, so I am conscious of wasting time on something that probably won't make it to the old portfolio).  Any suggestions, or do you think I should call it a day? I was planning on putting a glass bottle/pump on the sink and trying to get some caustics on the wall, and also filling that middle self with stuff (glass bottles and a nice basket model if I can find one). To be honest, I just want to use my spare minutes to get back to my space garage I was working on.

@Magnus: how the devil could you tell that was your model duck from the tiny image of it here??? Or was it more a case of detective work (i.e. I would probably have gone to grabcad, and your duck is the best duck there). Either way... its a nice duck. https://grabcad.com/library/rubber-duck-2

E

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: edwardo on June 16, 2015, 03:03:37 AM
@Magnus: how the devil could you tell that was your model duck from the tiny image of it here??? Or was it more a case of detective work (i.e. I would probably have gone to grabcad, and your duck is the best duck there). Either way... its a nice duck. https://grabcad.com/library/rubber-duck-2

Hah. Thanks man:)

I took a chance that it was mine. The beak has a special look compared to the other rubber duck models on grabcad. Not much detective work involved. This was a first try on testing a special toolset in NX, so I'm surprised you think it is a clean model. It's actually very messy when I look at it in retrospect. But I'm really glad to see it could be of use to someone.

Anyhow, ducks aside, your scene looks darn good!

Despot

Ha ha... bird shit on the window, lovely touch...

J

edwardo

ha, thanks. What velux window doesn't have a big bird shit on it? You clean them, go and make a cup of tea, come back and theres a fresh new one there! circle of life.

guest84672

Arn

I think giving the white paint some texture would do wonders. Now it just looks a bit too sterile :) The rest is getting there, the little details make it come to life.

edwardo

Thanks Thomas

Yes, Arn, I think your right. Also a bit of photoshopping to dirty up where wall planes meet (particularly where the bricks meet the flat walls).

Detox

That yellow duck though  :D Awesome!

PhilippeV8

For my taste, while the scene was a tiny bit too green at first, now it's getting a bit too red.  But that's a quick fix in post ;)

Question is .. what are you doing with a rubber duck in the shower  :P

bronson

edwardo,

Nice shot!!
Pls share the same scene modeled in KS5 for comparing.
I am going to love the new interior lighting mode in KS6 :)

Bronson

edwardo

Sorry, man, i don't actually have KS5. I have 4 and am beta testing 6. I can try rendering it for a few minutes with "interior mode" turned off, i think that would essentially be the same as ks5? Yea, I think everyone is going to love KS6!

@Philippe: I agree with you about the hues - i'll sort all that when I get round to rendering out a final shot. I also need to do some sort of ambient occlusion pass (Metal Master was talking about this the other day - I haven't found or seen any new KS6 features on this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?). I don't know what the rubber duck is doing in the shower. Maybe it just got bored of the bath tub? Maybe its one of those stealth vibrators? Who knows, I just liked it. I always try and put something daft in my scenes, for fun.

E

TpwUK

Occlusion is available in the graph editor Edwardo, under textures :)

Martin

soren

The occlusion procedural is not really an "occlusion pass". But you can mimic a pass by having a Flat material with the occlusion procedural as the color and assign it to the entire scene.

Søren