Help with this material

Started by rahulgs, June 21, 2015, 12:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rahulgs

Hi,
Iam stucked with this material attached. I have tried several ones but the client is not satisfied. Can anyone help with this. The client needs the blemishes exactly like in the original picture.

rahulgs

Anybody can you please help me how i can replicate the surface patterns or blemishes just like in the picture of this stainless steel?. It is very needy. I have tried several map and searched everywhere but no success.

TpwUK

Which version of KeyShot are you using ? I would say version 5 can do this. Look at the Normals maps and use some scaling and you should get pretty close :)

Martin

rahulgs

Quote from: TpwUK on June 21, 2015, 08:55:40 AM
Which version of KeyShot are you using ? I would say version 5 can do this. Look at the Normals maps and use some scaling and you should get pretty close :)

Martin
Iam using keyshot 5

TpwUK

Good - Have you looked on the KeyShot Cloud ?

Martin

TpwUK

I have been looking closely at it and I think the bump map is something like a scan code or a bark material, so i am trying to play and see what i can do

Martin

rahulgs

Hi,
Yes i looked keyshot cloud but couldn't find suitable bump and also i don't know what to look for as this pattern is rare for steel. The model i need this to apply is attached(pic). If you find a solution then it will be very helpful.

Thanks

Esben Oxholm

Hi rahulgs.
I gave it a go. It is by all means not perfect, but it might help you anyways.
You can download the .ksp and check out the details here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1k59bya6bv1ibs/Material.ksp?dl=0

Good luck with the project.
Best regards
Esben Oxholm

Arn

Great job! Very recognisable as printed steel.