KS6 Beta panorama animation

Started by edwardo, July 13, 2015, 08:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwardo

Just thought I'd post this so people can see what the new KS6 panorama feature can do at the click of a button - just apply it to any camera and then set how many degrees you want to pivot . As usual Luxion have made it childs play! The scene is obviously WIP and I don't have the computer power to output anything at decent res, but thought I'd post anyway. I had started this hobby project before getting my hands on KS6 (so just using physical lights). Things are working so much quicker now i'v got 'interior mode' !!

I can't wait until I'm able to 'bake out' an HDRI environment of closed spaces at the click of a button! I guess if that happened, logically it would be part of the HDRI editor?

TpwUK

Don't need to be cinema quality to prove it works  ;)

Martin

edwardo

This, coupled with the DOF transitions will open the doors to some seriously nice interior animations, but most likely, not by me!  :-\

Despot

Nice one Edwardo, would be nice to see it complete and at a better quality

J

Josh3D

Thanks for testing this Edwardo, and for the positive comments! Can't wait to see what you do with all the new animation features.

edwardo

Quote from: Josh Mings on July 15, 2015, 07:58:44 AM
Thanks for testing this Edwardo, and for the positive comments! Can't wait to see what you do with all the new animation features.

I'll work on this a bit over the weekend and try render out a second or two animation, unfortunately can't do any more due to lack of computer power.

In the mean time... Iv been experimenting with rendering out a closed interior space and stitching together an hdri environment. Obviously this is as rough as a badgers arse, but proves a principle.

Oh lordy, when KS can do this at a click of a few buttons I'll be a happy chap!.

TpwUK

Pretty good result Edwardo - If you get stuck for some render horse power gimme a shout and i'll render a few frames for you :)

Martin

Josh3D

Edwardo, have you tried rendering out the stills and putting it into a panorama photo stitcher? Or if you have Photoshop, you can use Photomerge (File, Automate, Photomerge). It's not one click, but goes pretty fast.

edwardo

Hey Martin, thats a kind offer. As you can see its pretty bare still, not at the point where its worth wasting electricity on it yet.Mybe take you up on that another  time.

Hey Josh. Yes this is 6 shots stitched together with PTGui. My problem was getting the camera and lens 's in keyshot suitable for this. After a bit of trial and error i opted for square ratio shots, 8mm perspective lens, and tried to keep the 'distance' at 0 (although it keeps jumping up to 0.0007 or whatever). Iv attached one of the stills.

I guess what I'm asking is if keyshot can eventually just automate the whole process? Whereby once my interior scene is textured and lit up and I'm happy, I can set the position of the camera (floor plan view is probably best for this), then set the height of camera e.g eye height, then hit 'go', perhaps being able to choose from preset pixel dimensions (2k, 4k etc) and pending some render settings (a max samples slider?). Is this the kind of thing some clever-clogs can do with scripting?

Josh3D

I've not tried it, but yeah, may be possible with scripting.