Glass/liquid adjacent surface issue

Started by seank, October 28, 2010, 08:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chippwalters

QuoteAlso, KeyShot is rendering software, not a data translator.

Even so, other programs, namely the ones which are modelers, not data translators, provide models for KeyShot.

It would be most helpful to have a workflow which allowed models to move back and forth between modeling programs via some sort of standard output-- say OBJ.

There are many times AFTER a model is completely setup and preliminarily randered in KeyShot, when I'd like to be able to go back into my modeler, make a tweak or two and not have to import and setup the model from scratch. Especially where labels are concerned...

JeffM

Quote from: chippwalters on November 10, 2010, 03:24:21 PM
QuoteAlso, KeyShot is rendering software, not a data translator.

Even so, other programs, namely the ones which are modelers, not data translators, provide models for KeyShot.

It would be most helpful to have a workflow which allowed models to move back and forth between modeling programs via some sort of standard output-- say OBJ.

There are many times AFTER a model is completely setup and preliminarily randered in KeyShot, when I'd like to be able to go back into my modeler, make a tweak or two and not have to import and setup the model from scratch. Especially where labels are concerned...

You can avoid having to redo the texture and materials work in KeyShot after updating your model by reimporting it and selecting the "retain materials" option in the import menu. Enabling "same coordinates" in this menu will also make sure the model comes in in the same space. Leaving "merge with current scene" disabled will clear out the previously imported model and give you a fresh scene with your updated model.

I hope that works for you.