An animation rendered using Keyshot 6

Started by LM6, June 16, 2015, 08:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM6

Besides some tests, this is pretty much the first animation I've done using KS6

https://vimeo.com/130878935

Here are some stills from the animation

Arn

Can you tell us a little about how it was animated?

LM6

Sure, its an OBJ seq, it was animated and baked in C4D then brought into Keyshot 6 to be rendered via the new script runner.
The script runner allows you to do stuff that isn't possible in any other version of Keyshot, it works great.

Thanks

Peter

TpwUK

Very smooth Peter, are the spheres added geo or are they particles ?

Martin

LM6

Hi Martin.

They are just a single spheres rendered out of Keyshot and then animated in After Effects to get that Parallax thing going.

Thanks

Peter

Despot

Cool as flook Peter, love the colours and the motion itself is smooth as a baby's bum...

I've sent you a PM

J

LM6

Thanks John, if you look close you can see the occlusion kick in when the tentacles intersect each other.

LM6

Hi John , just so you know, nothing came through on the PM

Arn

Quote from: LM6 on June 16, 2015, 09:08:00 AM
Sure, its an OBJ seq, it was animated and baked in C4D then brought into Keyshot 6 to be rendered via the new script runner.
The script runner allows you to do stuff that isn't possible in any other version of Keyshot, it works great.
Scripting certainly sounds very promising indeed.

feher

LM6
This is freakin sweet !!! Thanks for sharing and showing off the new script feature KS6 has.
NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eddiemg

Quote from: LM6 on June 16, 2015, 09:08:00 AM

Thanks

Peter

Hey Peter, this is a really cool animation. I've been curious for a while now on using Keyshot as a rendering engine for animation software to achieve organic animations like this. Any chance you could take a few minutes and help explain this work flow to me? Does Keyshot have a C4D plug-in? I'm interested in learning MODO for animation, could you use this same OBJ process for MODO too?

Thanks,
Eddie

LM6

Hello Eddie

An integrated C4D plugin would be great but I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon so you will need to get your animation out of whatever software you use.

I am not familiar with Modo so not sure if it will export obj seq but that's the only way to render these type of organic animations with Keyshot at the moment, but it works great and you can use script to control the timeline which means imported FBX cam animations and Keyshot's new animated materials can be used in conjunction with your obj seq, backplates can also be animated but I haven't tried that yet.

Once you have your seq it's fairly straight forward, just load up a mesh or two from it, set your materials/ lighting and off you go.

Currently this type of rendering does not work with network render so you could be waiting a while,  that clip was a 1920 x 1080, 900 frame seq that was rendered out using 128 samples taking 2 minutes per frame.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Peter

Justin M

Very cool, can't wait to try this feature out!