Tarnished Metal Teapot with KS6

Started by Despot, July 10, 2015, 04:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Using the Material Graph to get a heavy tarnished look... a single material, no labels involved

Thanks for taking a peek, best viewed full size

Cheers

J

edwardo

CLAYS... CLAYS... Show us yer clays!  ;)

Kidding, thats amazing!

I'v not had a chance to play much with the material editor... tell me, is there a noticeable slow down in rendering speeds between this (what you've done here looks like maybe 2 or three types of bumps?) and the same shot with a more basic material like what we could create in KS5 (a metal with single bump map).

Basically I'm trying to figure out if in a big scene it is worth duplicating the geometry and having one set with 'simpler' materials?

Anyway, its a great shot. Have you given that lamp a rub yet?
E

Magnus Skogsfjord

NormanHadley

That is spectacularly impressive metal-bashing, sir.

Could you try one with a slightly broader DOF?

Despot

Thanks guys, here's the Material Graph itself...

@Edwardo - No, no slow down at all mate, in fact KS6 is (for me) somewhere between 12% and 18% quicker than KS5. The render you've seen was cooked in 5 minutes. There are no bump maps used, just 3 texture maps driving the 3 curvature colour settings with a roughness map derived from two 'blended' texture maps. I will post clays ;)

@Magnus - thanks Magnus, much appreciated...

@NormanHadley - thanks kind sir ;) I'm assuming you mean less blur ?

Despot

A Clay render...  ;)

Changed the image to please the purist among us ;)

TpwUK

That's not clay .... It's the wrong colour  >:(

LOL

Martin

Despot

Quote from: TpwUK on July 10, 2015, 07:36:48 AM
That's not clay .... It's the wrong colour  >:(

Well you know what to do then don't you ? take it into your favourite image editor and adjust the Hue ;)

Speedster

Unglazed porcelain...  Love the color!
Quotesomewhere between 12% and 18% quicker than KS5

Ditto for me also, or even faster.  I'm running 32 cores (actually, 30, with two reserved) and the KS6 speed is awesome!

Bill G

Despot

Justin M

Josh3D

Despot

slater

That's magnificient ..true !!!wow..
but nobody will learn how to use material, untill nothing is shared...unfortunately..