Tarnished Metal Teapot with KS6

Started by Despot, July 10, 2015, 04:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rizkhanpsy

Amzing render. I am a beginner in Keyshot user. A quick video tutorial will be appreciated even for the clay render.

Chad Holton

Hey John - loving your renderings, man - especially this one. Keep it up! I get a little excited each time you post something new - almost like opening a gift on Christmas morning.  :D

Chad

edwardo

Thanks for sharing the material graph.... very helpful. I see that its all image based - can i ask, are your maps all tillable? or do you not worry so much about that? (I see that some images are non-square, but could still be tillable I guess)

Now that KS6 has this functionality I want to put a lot more effort into materials and build a decent library for myself (and share on the cloud for the most part) -making everything tillable in photoshop the old fashioned way will take an age, so I'd rather not. On that note, does anybody know of software that does this process automatically? and make a half decent job of it?

Thank
E

Despot

QuoteOn that note, does anybody know of software that does this process automatically? and make a half decent job of it?

Hey Edwardo, you're welcome re: the mat graph - I use Pixplant among others, it does a great job of producing seamless tiles using images as seeds and also generates bump/normals as well as displacement and specular

J

Despot

Quote from: Chad Holton on July 14, 2015, 09:13:38 AM
Hey John - loving your renderings, man - especially this one. Keep it up! I get a little excited each time you post something new - almost like opening a gift on Christmas morning.  :D

Chad

Thanks Chad, what a kind thing to say...  it's much appreciated.

J