Volcanic Fresh Granite

Started by TpwUK, July 14, 2015, 06:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

Playing with pseudo layers via labels and material type assignments - You can get some crazy cool effects but they have so many variables that effect the output that you need to play and experiment extensively.

Hope you guys like this as much as i do :)

Martin

edwardo

Chad Holton

Quote from: edwardo on July 14, 2015, 06:59:09 AM
thats hot!

;D I was going to say the same thing.

Nice one Martin!

TpwUK

Thanks Edwardo and Chad :)

Heres the final render - A more gaseous heat flare effect, gonna see if i can add some heat ripples in post :)

TpwUK

My skills don't extend to adding heat ripples to the render in post, and I am not willing to shelve out cash for Adobe subscriptions, so it will have to wait until Affinity Photo can get the PS plugin filters working, then if i remember, i will come back to this and try again.

Forgot to mention Abed in my previous post and to thank him for highlighting the use of HDR images as a material influence trick - Nice Tip and you have my thanks for that Abed :)

Martin

Josh3D

This is hot! You all need to be sure to share these materials you're making on KeyShot Cloud.

TpwUK

Thanks Josh - Are we safe to upload materials to the cloud yet ? Or should we wait for the official launch rather than upsetting v5 users ?

Martin

MillionModels

Very hot indeed. KS6 hurry up!  :P

Arnaud

Be careful Superman, here is the Kryptonite ....  ;D