increase render frame size

Started by apeiron, July 14, 2015, 09:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeiron

hey everyone i'm having trouble doing something that should be relatively simple. hopefully someone can shed some light:

I have a camera set up and made a render on which I already did some work on..

now the composition is a bit off and I would like to add a bit more space on the sides, basically do the exact same render but with a wider frame, without moving the camera.

if I increase the resolution of the render horizontally, the camera also seems to zoom in, i'm trying to keep the exact same position and zoom etc just extend the frame a little horizontally..is this possible at all? I hope it makes sense.

thanks a lot in advance.

HaroldL

I'm by no means and expert but have you tried locking the camera before changing the image size?

apeiron

Hey Harold thanks for your input!
yes I did try that, I get the same behaviour of the camera just zooming in whether its locked or not.

PhilippeV8

I asked for this previously ... same effect like in photoshop where you "increase canvas size" .. the reply I got was "keyshot doesn't work like that" ........................

apeiron

thanks a lot Philippe! :D that's not perfect but I can work with it..hopefully they'll add a proper feature for this.

if someone comes to this thread from google basically I just used the fov to bring it back a bit and then matched it by scaling it a little in post.