SolidWorks 2011?

Started by quigley, November 13, 2010, 10:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quigley

Any news yet on the support for SW 2011?

guest84672

The new API stuff is not available yet. We hope to have it soon though.

ToffLomo

Any update on this please?

Getting a bit fed up....

guest84672

We received the updated API and are in the process of integrating it. We hope to have this done shortly.

ToffLomo

Cool. Will those still using 1.x still receive an update for this?

(Fingers crossed!)

ToffLomo

In the mean time, has anyone managed to nail the tranfer of data between 11 and keyshot using STEP or IGES? I'm getting nowhere - everything comes in at the wrong angle, and part colours are all incorrect. Worst of all... Keyshot seems to take forever opening some STEP files now...

guest84672

You can easily rotate the imported file. Is the breakout incorrect?

There is a tessellation slider in the preferences - set it to a longer value if you want faster performance. In addition, you can always revert back to the "old" importers by unchecking the "new importers".

ToffLomo

Is that a feature that's only in v2?

julien

Hi, i would like to know if it is possible to open a Solidworks 2011 file now?

Thanks

quigley

Yes. Buy Simlab Composer, import the SW2011 file and export as a Keyshot format file.  ;)

Alternatively wait for Keyshot 2.2.....

guest84672

Quote from: ToffLomo on December 06, 2010, 09:18:09 AM
Is that a feature that's only in v2?

Yes because v1.9 is using the "old importers".

AxelRod

im having an issue importing some step files...  when will support for SW2011 be added.  We have all been waiting for a while... >:(  I dont believe the excuse that the API is unavailable, all gold partners get this before the official release.  IGES sucks, step is hit and miss...  i would be willing to beta test...  this is ridiculous.

guest84672

Actually this is not the case. The Api is always 6 - 8 weeks late, no matter what level partner you are.

We are beta testing SW 2011 as part of KeyShot 2.2 right now. We will officially announce it on Monday at SolidWorks World, and ship KeyShot 2.2 a week later.

AxelRod

thats weird because gold partners are REQUIRED to support 30 days after the current version is released.  I understand KS is not a "gold" partner.  I don't want to get into a debate about this, just release 2.2 so we can get some work done.

quigley

Axel it is well worth the wait....I think there might have been a bit more going on there apart from the file format update  ;)