KS6 New Diamond material test

Started by TpwUK, July 21, 2015, 05:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

https://grabcad.com/library/halo-flower-ring-1 by https://grabcad.com/jose.alfredo-4

Render time 10 mins with 24 threads @ 2.4Ghz
Custom gold material with occlusion added

Raw KS6 render with no PostPro at all

Martin

Chad Holton

I really like this, Martin. Was this a single pass? My only critique would be to adjust the environment to remove more of the black reflection from the metal. Maybe a separate metal pass?

Finema

Nice result Martin !
But for us who don't have KS6, can you show how to use Occlusion in KS6 ?
Thanks

TpwUK

It's a super simple texture type that you just add to your material. It defaults to white and red coloration in order to easily show you the extra shadowing you can achieve, you can then just adjust those base colours to suit the model and material being rendered.

Martin

Despot

Very good ring render Martin  :) the Diamonds are looking good...

J

TpwUK

QuoteI really like this, Martin. Was this a single pass? My only critique would be to adjust the environment to remove more of the black reflection from the metal. Maybe a separate metal pass?

Yes Chad it was just a single pass render - I noticed the black reflection after the render was done and posted. I don't think it needs a separate pass, just a twist to the HDR map in the editor should suffice - I will post another shortly if it works :)

QuoteVery good ring render Martin  :) the Diamonds are looking good...

Thank you J :)

Martin

TpwUK

Added some twist to the HDR

Martin

Chad Holton

Oh yes - very nice!  8) Like .85 the best.

Finema

Quote from: The Metal Master on July 22, 2015, 01:34:28 AM
Very good ring render Martin  :) the Diamonds are looking good...

J

Thanks Martin...  ;)

Josh3D

Oh yes, this looks muy fabuloso!! I agree on the .85 version.

Despot

Yes, have to agree, .85 is most certainly a ballsack grabber... one of the best rings I've ever seen rendered with KS

You sure you did this ? ;)

J

Despot

That's a joke BTW, I know you did this...

TpwUK

Thanks for the positive comments J - hope that ballsack didn't get plucked in the process of being grabbed  ;D

Martin

guest84672

Awesome Martin. Thanks so much for testing. I like .85 the best also!

TpwUK

Thanks Thomas - It's always a pleasure to test new things and try new techniques, it highlights the strengths and weaknesses in my skill set and that's always a good thing :)

Martin