Testing Mold-Tech Time

Started by TpwUK, July 26, 2015, 10:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

I suppose it just has to be done, besides gives me an excuse to try out my new texture testing model, specifically designed to give procedurals a hard time :)

Martin

Speedster

Hmmm...  For that texture you would need about 15-20 degree draft!  Just kidding! It's true, but I know that's not your intent with this test.  But it does raise an interesting question, in that MoldTech as we use it is really not to spec, as it's totally dependent on the size of the model vs. the callout. But hey, we usually fake it for illustration, not for engineering.  This is neat!
Bill G

KeyShot

The Mold-Tech material in KeyShot does match scale of the real Mold-Tech materials. If your model is true to scale then the Mold-Tech materials will look correct.

TpwUK

The model is a 50mm base square. I had to drop the scale by one decimal point so I guess the material is cm based. The test here was just how a procedural would cope with fast changing surface angles. The only one that seems to have problems with this model so far is the fabric weave pattern. The fractal noise procedural shader looks excellent if you want a close up shot doing :)

Martin

soren

All the "2D" procedurals will have problems with seams. They work just like ordinary textures except they have infinite extent (if that makes sense).

Are you interested in sharing the scene?

/Søren

TpwUK

You're welcome to the model if that helps ?

If you need the KSP let me know :)

Martin