Main Menu

Escher Paradox

Started by Despot, September 07, 2015, 04:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Inspired by recent posts from Mr Bulgarov and Mr Oxenholm... model by Troy Whitmer

I've stuck this in the Beta section as it uses interior mode, shift lens, ambient occlusion and coloured vignetting

It uses the toon shader mixed with two procedural textures exported from Substance Designer

Render time: 34 seconds

J

edwardo

Ha!! Thats the business! One of the best renders I've seen on the forum (though so hard to compare apples and pares). Definitely the nicest use of the toon shader to date. Nice model as well - even though it's simple forms I can imagine it being a bit of a head-fu*k to model?

E

Speedster

Man, this is absolutely fantastic!  I agree, one of the best ever.  I think that all of us, at sometime, after a long day on the computer, feel like we're trapped is an Escher print!
Bill G

Despot

Thanks guys, much appreciated... I didn't model it but yes it's a head-feck alright...

I think it's correct name is an Ascending / Descending Paradox :)

J

Despot

A different  colour palette and texture...

J

edwardo

the second one doesn't work for me because it gives the material a direction/grain, so the illusion is shattered (a bit). You deffo need a non-directional, 'stippled' material, like your first one! Still a nice image though.   :)

Despot

Cheers Edwardo, :) how right you are... replaced it with the original texture but left the alternate colourway

J

Will Gibbons

Nice! I imagine the tilt lens effect really helped this one out. Great render!