Back to cars! BMW M4 custom painjob / WRAP

Started by Nils Piirma, August 08, 2015, 03:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nils Piirma

After doing a ton of renderings of boat stuff for a client of mine, I decided to go back to cars, since it's my passion.
I hadn't posted anything on my feeds in FB and in IG, so I decided to go back to the roots of my rendering in all.
Started out with BMW M4 / 4 series, so I decided to touch it one last time, but not in a classical way that I've done thus far with swapping out the wheels and going with a bright or very dark color.
This time I wrapped this thing in Matte BRASS look.
It's kinda low QUALITY one here, with render setting mainly focusing on speed.
Some polygon and tesselation problems can be seen,  but I'll fix them in POST and on a bigger res once I get to town, right now I'm posting this from an ISLAND in Estonia.
SO guys, stay tuned til monday until I get a chance to render it in higher quality. Until then, here's the image I did quickly.

Josh3D

Pretty slick. Love how it matches against the wood grain.

Nils Piirma

Quote from: Josh Mings on August 10, 2015, 07:56:33 AM
Pretty slick. Love how it matches against the wood grain.

That was the whole idea :D thanks for noticing Josh :P

E.Sirbu

edwardo

This 'backplate' is beautiful Nils! Did you design and build the geometry to render out this backplate? Or if it is geometry, have you rendered it all at once (car and background geometry)?

E

Nils Piirma

Quote from: edwardo on August 12, 2015, 06:07:07 AM
This 'backplate' is beautiful Nils! Did you design and build the geometry to render out this backplate? Or if it is geometry, have you rendered it all at once (car and background geometry)?

E

Hey Edwardo.

I created this yeah on my own as fully "Top of my head" and rendered the car + backround geometry all at once.