Buick Super Riviera Coupe 1953

Started by feher, July 22, 2015, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

I'm in a artistic mood right now. The bike image brought me back to the old painting days...lol
Nils posted a image using a background from this location. Got me thinking I have a bunch of those backplates and dome but have never did anything with them. So I grabbed one and a way I went.
I decided to use Match Backplate function inside Luxion KeyShot to get the correct lens/draw. I attached a screen shot of what it looked liked with the lines lined up. I went with two point perspective. I have found it's key to place the lines as close to the area you want the vehicle to sit to get the proper draw on the camera.
Data Prep - Maya
Render Solution - Keyshot 6 beta
Post - Photoshop

Model created by Lev Kotov
Dome/backplates http://www.panocapture.com/

Speedster

Wow! One of my favorite classics, and a great model to boot!

But... I think the two-point did not work that well here. The driver's side headlight is dropped way down, below the grill, throwing a strange perspective to the image.  That's my opinion, but I find it rather disruptive to anotherwise awesome rendering.

Bill G

feher

Thanks Bill !

Angle can always be subjective for sure. That image was 24mm
Going to get a huge pull when your that close to the camera. Now if I pushed that car back into the scene it would have flattened out. But would have lost that drama.
I respectively disagree.... ;D

I was hoping you would like the model. You're like me I enjoy the older stuff so much character.
Tim

Ed

Beautiful model and render Tim.  Would love to see more of this model.  My parents had a 1952 Buick Roadmaster when I was in grade school growing up in Los Angeles.  Built like a tank. 

Anyone remember when cars had vent windows, ash trays, and curb feelers?

Ed Ferguson

Speedster

Hey, Tim- I LOVE it!  It just looks a little "twisted" to me.  Curious what would happen if the far blue line was on the top wall edge?

Also, it's a great model!

My first car, in 1962, was a 1950 Chevy 2-door coupe, which my mom passed along to me when she got her 1955 Bel Aire V8.  Now that was a car, despite its salmon/grey combo and slushbox. Anyway, I convinced her that the '50 straight-six "needed minor work", like a new cam, headers, bored (265 ci to 290 ci), ported and a Hurst shifter.  Sure, she said!  So my friends and I rebuilt it, but "added" an overhead cam conversion made by Lloyd Lanterman, who did a lot of Indy work. Had triple Stromberg side-draft carbs that sucked gas at 35 cents a gallon! Hot!  Broke an axle a week at Bob's Big Boy, but well worth it! Painted it snot green, with matching  green/white phony tuck-n-roll vinyl interior from JC Penny and headrests, which were a really new thing then- looked like a chiropractic pillow on two curved rods.  My girlfriend loved them! Of course, she drove a 1948 Studebaker rust-rod.

Ahhh...

Bill G

Despot

Beautiful render Tim, the Match Backplate function has worked out great

J

IrradianceCache

Sick render man, my dad had one of these - but in cornflower blue

Brad

E.Sirbu

Really like this car and the render is amzing! :D

Alang7™