Does not contain 3D Geometry in Solid Edge Assembly File

Started by maymay, November 17, 2010, 02:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maymay

I'm trying out KeyShot. When I try to open a Solid Edge ST2 file, I get an error saying the file does not contain any 3D geometry. Most of the assemblies I've tried won't work. (The ones that worked may have been ST1). Any ideas? Individual parts will import.

maymay

Here's a zip that contains a simple assy with one part in it. Won't import...

Ralf-S

With KS V 2.1.25 no problem.
File -> Import -> ~ 15 sec -> Assembly + Part was imported

guest84672

We know of one outstanding issue. When parts are not located in the same folder or subfolders, KeyShot may not find them. We are working on a fix for this.

maymay

I have the demo version of 2.1.25, and the assembly that Ralf was able to load wasn't loading on this computer yesterday. Oddly, the assembly file I uploaded imported fine this morning, but trying other assemblies, I'm still having the same problem. I tried deleting all subassemblies and parts that aren't in the same directory but had no luck...

I copied that assembly with deleted parts and subassemblies to another folder and it imported! The new folder is on the same network drive as the one that did not work.

guest84672

We have a fix for this. Contact me and I will send it to you for testing - thomas@luxion.com.

Thomas